Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sugar Skull Stitches

dia de los muertos inspired patch


My old pal, Josh loves Dia de los Muertos, so much that he got this really gorgeous tattoo on his arm. Recently he asked if I could make a patch to cover up this logo from a freebie messenger bag he acquired. After looking around online he didn't find any color combinations that seemed fitting to adorn his "not a man purse" man bag. I decided to design the sugar skull directly from his tattoo with similar colors and designs to make it oh-so-personal. Plus, there's was a pretty good chance he would approve.

Here is the inspiration:

Sweet Sugar Skull Tattoo

And here's the finished patch!


dia de los muertos inspired patch

I simply can't get enough of making custom crafts for people in my life. I'm kinda obsessed with it. My next embroidery project is inspired by a friend's song lyric as well as mode of transportation. I can't wait to get stitching :)

Thanks for looking!

No comments: