Many years ago, I bought a ton of guitar picks to make into earrings. I also lived with two musicians and have my share of guitar playing friends that I have MAY have "borrowed" some from over the years to add to my collection. But recently, I decided to use them in a new way. Since, one of my favorite mediums of the moment is felt- I decided to incorporate some of that as well. The process was really simple and I'm sure that there are about a million ways to play around with what works for you.
Supplies & Tools I Used
- 3 Jim Dunlop clear purple guitar picks
- 3 Fender purple marbled guitar picks
- 1 Square of purple felt for base (mine was approx. 3''by3'')
- 2 Circles of yellow felt for center (mine were about the size of quarters)
- light purple embroidery floss and sewing needle
- Sew on pin back.
- Small craft drill
- I started by drilling two holes on each pick to enable me to sew them onto the felt base.
- Then I positioned them in the flower shape on the purple base, pinned them, and neatly sewed each one on.
- Next came attaching the center circles...I chose a very minimalist technique.
- Then I trimmed the purple felt around the guitar picks to give the effect of curved petal edges.
- After that, I attached a scrap piece of purple felt for the back- to hide the stitches and give a finished look.
- Sew on the pin back. And, Viola! Completed!
Thanks for looking!
From Dream to Reality