Thursday, September 27, 2012

Handmade Crumple Flowers


Handmade cuteness perfect for all paper crafts, but just to name a few...
  • Card Making
  • Scrapbooking
  • Special Event Invitations/Decor
  • Gift Embellishments 

 I make these little goodies out of any and all paper I can get my hands on, including my very own paper designs and old wrapping paper. I love unique crafts- I'm not into cranking out a billion identical items. And, this was my first go- I actually embellished some further with fancy brads, buttons, and sequins. I also have plans to laminate some paper to work with! So stay tuned, there are {better} pics and {a proper} tutorial in the works!

All of these simple paper blooms are 2''by2'' with various metal brad closures in the center, but the prints/textures/colors can endlessly vary. I used my handy dandy 2'' scalloped punch to make the petals. (which made it suuuuuper easy peasy to crank out a lot quickly.) Each of my blooms have 3 layers, but seriously, go crazy with the amount of layers if you want!

Customize your unique blooms with a handsewn & vintage button closure instead of metal brads. Or find yourself cute button brads on clearance and snag 'em like this girl did!

This craft is particularly well-suited for customization! Any print/style/color paper and brad options that tickle your fancy. Seriously, the style possibilities are endless- use ombre-tinted watercolor paper to achieve a trendy sophisticated look...OR, you know, Superman comic books.



Handmade Blooms by Bingo Buttercup Crafts

Handmade Blooms by Bingo Buttercup Crafts


Handmade Blooms by Bingo Buttercup Crafts

Handmade Blooms by Bingo Buttercup Crafts




This post is linked up at these fab parties! (Check out all my great hostess friends HERE!)
Work It Wednesday a High Heels & Grills
Whatever You Want Wednesday at FPTFY


2 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh these are cute, I love making flowers. Elizabeth, miss 10, loves crafting and she loves making cards. This will keep her busy

Bingo Buttercup Crafts said...

Oh yes- these little babies are quite addicting to play around with. Can't wait to show off my fancy ones soon. Hint: there is glitter involved.