Sunday, September 23, 2012

Thrifty Finds


I had a fun & adventurous Saturday browsing the thrift shops for some treasures. Since, I just moved to the area, I hadn't really had the chance to explore all the second-hand goodness opportunities. That is- until today...

A baby/kid-focused consignment sale, Just Between Friends, was this weekend only- so that was the first stop on the list. JBF had a ton o' stuff  that was an additional 50% off-priced to MOVE. I loaded up with some plain white newborn onesies (perfect blank canvases for me to embellish and tie-dye!) and cute baby booties that look like teeny tiny cowboy boots. Also, snagged some Sesame Street books circa 1980 in super great condition. I am a total sucker for anything Sesame Street. (P.S. Totally thought of my bloggy pal Mel and all of her fab "street" projects! Go look at her cuteness!) Lastly, I found a little wooden owl recipe holder (for 50 cents!) that is in definite need of some painting. I can't wait to cute it up and show it off.

The Salvation Army (conveniently located down the street from the convention center where Just Between Friends was being held) was WONDERFUL. I grabbed a few cutely illustrated educational kids books from the 1960's (LOVE) as well as a coral/lavender button necklace for a buck. Also, found some printed fabrics:  one with octopus and the other with a great floral print. Can't wait to get crafting!

Overall, it was such a nice day! Here are some pictures of some of the haul!








Thanks for looking, folks!



6 comments:

Mel said...

Yay, actually, that's a cool idea, might do the thrift shops, the kids love it. Hope I find some Sesame Street books. I always have mixed results thrifting

Mel said...

Oh and thanks for the shout out xxxxoooo

Crystal Green said...

We do a lot of thrift store shopping as well. We have a new local Goodwill getting ready to open on October 4th, and I can't wait.

Bingo Buttercup Crafts said...

I have loved thrift stores since a kiddo (well, with a brief phase in middle school when I was embarassed to be seen in one...but thankfully that didn't last long!) I've got spoiled by the ones back home in Dallas though. I can't wait to go back home for a visit and hit some of my favorite spots with my Mom!

Thanks for stopping by Crystal! :)

The Cottage Market {Andrea} ♥ said...

YAY!!!!! so so glad you came and joined us over at Junkin JOE!!!! i feel so honored!!!! great finds...keep them coming...we party every friday!!!!! sending hugs and kudos on your finds!!!

Bingo Buttercup Crafts said...

Andrea- you rock my socks off. I will most definitely attend Junkin Joe again next week! Have a great day my dear!

-Amberly!