Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Thrifty Owl Makeover



I found this little wooden owl recipe holder a few weeks ago for less than a buck. It was bland beyond belief- so I felt it was my obligation to cute it up a bit. Of course, green paint would be involved. After the paint dried I detailed the owl with my favorite art supplies- metallic SHARPIES. Lastly I slapped a coat of Mod Podge over the whole shebang. Viola! An easy peasy, less than 30 minute makeover! What do you think oh panel of crafty experts? 

BEFORE (epitome of a blank slate) 
Thanks for looking friends!

(Party On!)
I Gotta Try That Mondays with Marcie


3 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh Love IT! I never find cool stuff at the thrift stores

It's All Connected said...

I've been picking up those solid wood pieces at thrift stores and giving them paint treatments, too. Your owl is sure not boring now! ~ Maureen

Sarah @ Becoming Martha said...

He is adorable! I just love owls, and I love those colors! Great job :)